Update: If you don't have enough shredded Parmesan cheese and decide to throw in come grated Parmesan ( because hey, it's Parmesan), don't do it. I made this mistake today. It gave the meatloaf a funny flavor, almost like it was a little spoiled.
I have been stalking The Pioneer Woman's site again. I just can't stay away, it's a wonderful site with all kinds of deliciousness. Today, I made her favorite meatloaf. My family loved it so much and I think I heard someone sighs. I got "Yum", "Wow" and "You need to make this again". Even my oldest daughter loved it and she doesn't like meat all that well. My youngest was another story, but she has become a vegetarian ( a story for another time).
The meatloaf called for very simple and easy ingredients. I had all of the ingredients except for the Parmesan Cheese and the fresh parsley. I bought the cheese, but forgot the parsley so I used dried parsley flakes. I think I threw in a couple teaspoons of the flakes. Dried parsley is more concentrated than the fresh parsley.
I mixed everything in a big bowl, molded it and stuck it in my cake pan. It called for putting it on a drip pan, but I don't own one. Usually when I make meatloaf I cover it with Reynolds Wrap for a bit, but I didn't have any. It turned out fine with out it though.
The sauce called for Tabasco Sauce and I had a tough time trying to figure out if I should add that in. I can't handle spicy food ( I have a hard time with too much pepper). I wanted to make the sauce exactly the way Ree (The Pioneer Woman) made it, so I added a little at a time. I shook it three times into the sauce, then tasted it. It didn't seem to make a difference so I added three more shakes. I ended up adding a couple more shakes after that, but decided to stop just in case it became too hot.
We used the extra sauce as a dipping sauce just as Ree suggested. It gave the meatloaf an extra tang and everyone loved it. Well except for the youngest one of course.
If you try this recipe, let me know if you added your own touch to it. I love hearing about new recipes.

No comments:
Post a Comment
This is a family friendly blog so please keep the comments clean from adult content. If you say something inappropriate your comment will be removed and you will be reported. :)