This Frappuccino recipe at The Pioneer Woman's site is unbelievably good. My daughters and I love to get a Frappe at McDonald's once in a while as a special treat. With this recipe, we never have to go any further than our kitchen to get one. Although, we like to order the caramel Frappe and this recipe didn't call for that. When we make it again, I plan on having caramel and whip cream handy.
I highly recommend using the coffee concentrate that she mentions from this page. While your there you might has well write down the recipe for her iced coffee too. We haven't tried it yet, but we plan to soon. The Frappuccino recipe needs to be mixed in a blender. If you don't have one, try the iced coffee, it looks pretty good. If you try it, let me know what you think.
Okay, back to the topic now. We didn't have any sweetened condensed milk the day we made this recipe so we skipped that part. We did however have some of the simple sugar syrup that I had made the day before. It is a concentrated sugary syrup that is used to sweeten tea, coffee, etc. I don't use anything in my coffee and I don't like sweet tea too well. I just made the syrup for this recipe.
Just keep adding the syrup until you get the taste that you want. My daughter added quite a bit and when I turned my back, she added some more. She gets her tastes buds from her father. He likes sweet tea and I like to joke with him on the rare occasion that he has coffee. I usually ask him if wants some coffee with his sugar and milk. He likes very sweet coffee.
I really like to get off topic don't I? Anyway, this recipe would be just like a Caramel Frappe when you had the caramel sauce. I can't wait to try it that way.
How do you like to make your Frappuccino or iced coffee?
No comments:
Post a Comment
This is a family friendly blog so please keep the comments clean from adult content. If you say something inappropriate your comment will be removed and you will be reported. :)